What Makes for Good Buffet Food?
Buffet food is the popular choice for business meetings, training courses and events. Why?
- The variety looks enticing
- It’s easy to provide lots of options so there is something for everyone
- For the corporate guest it is a civilised and easy to eat option. Who want to be slurping soup or spaghetti when you are trying to make a good impression?!
- Guests can go back for more food and drink as required which often creates opportunities for networking
- Platters of buffet food are easy to transport, deliver and present
- Clearing away is stress free and straightforward.
Employing a catering services company to take care of your buffet food for you means the preparation, packaging, delivery and presentation is in the hands of experts, and they (as a reputable, fully insured catering services company) are responsible for food safety.
We’ve had lots of feedback from guests about what makes ideal buffet food, summarised as follows:
- Guests enjoy a range of bread types, not just sandwiches. Rolls, bloomer fingers and wraps are also popular and it’s nice to have a mixture
- Guests appreciate it when there is a mix of traditional and more healthy buffet foods on offer. For example, favourites such as chicken wings and scotch eggs, alongside salads and vegetable kebabs. Platters of fruit as well as cakes; waters as well as juices
- There should be a mix of meat and vegetarian buffet food available
- The catering provider should be able to cater for special diets for example gluten free
- Food must look and taste fresh of course
- The buffet food should be clearly labelled so guests know what they are eating!
- While cold food is always popular, depending on the type of event (eg team building held outside) hot food can be a very satisfying option that can have a huge impact on the success and enjoyment of the day.
If you select a catering service provider like Jasper’s for your buffet food then all these points are considered for you! With a range of buffet foods from traditional to contemporary bowl food to share, tapas and hot food, you’ll be able to find just the right kind of buffet food for you. View Jasper's buffet menus